We are Open for Groups & Parties
- Climbing is an exciting activity offering lots of physical and mental challenges for individuals and groups of all abilities. Giving it a go is a great way to encourage physical activity for young people of all abilities by proving that exercise is actually fun! With climbing appearing in the Olympics in Tokyo for the first time, there is a buzz about the sport that is only likely to increase.
- Our staff regularly run sessions for individuals and groups (both small and large), including special needs, please contact us to discuss you groups needs and arrange a visit to check out what we have to offer.
- Climbing develops;
- movement, balance, co-ordination, stamina and strength.
- Communication skills and team work, engaging individuals in a challenging group environment, the activities encourage collaboration to solve the many individual puzzles that each climb represents, concentration, tenacity, motivation and trust all play a part.
- Avertical World has worked with schools and groups throughout Dundee, Angus, Perthshire and Fife since our opening in 2003, providing a valuable and fun educational resource.
- We would love your group or school to realise the benefits of using the climbing centre too and we are keen to answer your questions, discuss your ideas and tell you more about what Avertical World can offer. For further information, please call us on 01382 201901, email firstname.lastname@example.org or pay us a visit anytime to explore what the centre has to offer.
- We can offer one-off introductory sessions to provide an exciting introduction to indoor climbing. For regular groups we offer the opportunity to develop an active interest in climbing through the National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme (NICAS), where a coordinated approach is taken through the 5 levels of achievement within the scheme, supported by a logbook and certificates issued upon the completion of each level, NICAS advances the participant from complete novice through to experienced climber with the development of climbing skills and techniques. Participants in the scheme can continue to progress through the NICAS levels outside of school organised sessions by joining one of our WEEKLY CLUBS, run weekly during school term time. More info on NICAS can be found on the website; https://www.nicas.co.uk/schools-clubs-and-groups and from staff at Avertical World. NICAS has been mapped against the Curriculum for Excellence and Significant Aspects of Learning. Many schools and colleges use NICAS to fulfil the Physical element of the Duke of Edinburgh syllabus.
- Our basic pricing is advertised on our groups page and includes necessary equipment, instruction and vat.
- We are happy to discuss pricing with regular / repeat groups for extra value / invoicing options.
- Our ratios to instructors is 4:1 max and often less as per the groups needs.
- We can take groups of up to 24 comfortably and can arrange larger groups if sufficient notice is give.