WE ASK ALL VISITORS TO READ THIS UPDATE REGARDING THE ADJUSTMENTS NECESSARY TO OPERATE WHILST UNDER RESTRICTIONS AND TO ASSIST IN THE SAFE RUNNING OF THE CENTRE
We hope you agree that it is a small price to pay to enable us to open our doors again.
We are ‘BEYOND LEVEL ZERO’ on the 9th AUGUST:
Our capacity is no longer restricted
You may turn up to Climb or Boulder without booking, in the unlikely event that either bouldering or climbing is at capacity you may be asked to wait or choose another option. If you are travelling, you can still use the book a session option (Please let us know if you won’t be able to make it so we can give the space to someone else).
To keep share our capacity we are asking you to keep your session to 2hrs in length, if you wish to stay longer please go to reception to check if this option to extend is available.
The centre is operating a CASHLESS system, Payments by CARD ONLY or EXACT CASH AMOUNT ONLY
WE ARE OFFERING Family & Kids Party Sessions, Coaching, Taster, Ropes & Lead Courses.
NOT currently available are; KIDS CLUBS
We are striving to keep everyone safe.
- Please ONLY arrive to climb a.
- To ‘Give people Space’ you may have to queue outside so wear appropriate clothing.
- Sanitise your hands on entry
- Arrive climb ready, to avoid using the changing rooms where possible
- Have your details ready so we can sign you in promptly and contactless card for payment if required.
- Remember – you may not have climbed for some time so take it easy, don’t rush in, warm up, and enjoy yourself.
WHILST USING THE CENTRE – ‘Beyond Level 0’
- Give People Space.
- Always wash your hands with soap and water or the hand sanitiser provided.
- Wear a mask in all areas unless climbing.
- Training areas – wipes are supplied please wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Take it easy, we are all keen to get back to climbing but if its your first time for a while, warm up and take it slow.
- Please be patient with staff as they are trying their best to work with the systems in place.
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO
- If you or anyone you have been in contact with has reason to believe they may have coronavirus you must not come to the centre, and must self isolate.
- If you are feeling unwell with any of the symptoms of coronavirus you must not come to the centre and should self isolate.
- Accept that by using the centre your details may be used for track and trace.
- Accept that we cannot keep the centre 100% free of coronavirus and that there is still risk.
- Respect other people and understand that they may have a different level of anxiety regarding coronavirus.
- Leave promptly at the end of a session to allow staff cleaning time.
• Are your opening times the same?
Our opening times remain unchanged.
• Do I need to wear a mask?
Under Scottish regulations Masks MUST be worn whilst not climbing. We ask that all customers please wear a mask when entering the building, in reception, toilets, and whilst using common areas around the centre. You do not have to wear a mask while climbing if you choose not to, however we do encourage the use of masks at all times.
• Is social distancing still in place?
There are no distancing recommendations other than ‘Give People Space’ which totally makes sense within a climbing / bouldering context as it is safer to do so and has always been part of climbing centre protocols
• Are you cleaning more regularly?
Yes we have a cleaning system that will cover all frequently touched surfaces.
We ask you to take responsibility for your own cleanliness, including hand washing / sanitising, cleaning of equipment with wipes between sessions.
We ask you to have left the centre by closing to allow staff time to clean.
• What is your capacity?
Our capacity is back to normal.
• Can I still just turn up to climb at any time?
• Can I bring my kids or guests to climb?
Yes kids 7+yrs or adult novices can be supervised by experienced climbers.
For kids you will need to add them to your registration when asked who is climbing.
For adult novices they will have to complete a Novice Registration on the website and name their supervising adult.
• I had a child booked into kids club; when will these resume?
TBC – We do not yet have a date, we will be in contact as soon as we have this confirmed. This is likely to be summer time.
• Are there quieter times of day?
Week day evening sessions will always be busier, afternoon weekday sessions will be quieter, weekends are more spread out, due to our reduced capacity we will not be as busy as you might expect.
• Are toilets and changing rooms open as normal?
We are asking you to arrive climb ready and not to use the changing facilities if possible, though facilities are still available. Showers currently are not available.
• Can I still use chalk?
Yes, we would encourage you to use liquid chalk as it has a high alcohol content and could help towards hand sanitising between regular washing and hand gel use. This will also help cut down on dust and cleaning.
- Will the centre be well ventilated?
Where possible we will open doors to allow fresh air to circulate.
We have installed a new ventilation system in the bouldering room and this will be in operation.
• When will novices and guests be able to visit the centre?
They can from 7+yrs if supervised by a competent adult.
• When will classes / coaching starting up again?
Most Classes, Party Sessions are now available
• Can I still buy food and hot / cold drinks?
Yes, Our usual service will operate with a few exceptions.
Hot drinks will be provided in compostable cups.
• Lost property?
Our usual system will operate with the addition of a 72hr quarantine period.
• Can external instructors/coaches bring groups?
Yes – subject to informing us of your expected arrival time, we ask you to please contact us first if you are interested in bringing a group.
• Do you have a system in place to assist with ‘Test and Protect’?
Our database has a track and trace system and we will provide info for that purpose, if required.
By agreeing to climb / boulder you are agreeing for your details to be used for the purpose of track & trace.
If you have any unanswered question please get in contact; email@example.com