We drop to Level 0 on the 19th July:
Under Level 0 we are still restricted in our capacity
You may turn up to Climb or Boulder without booking, in the unlikely event that either bouldering or climbing is at capacity you may be asked to wait or choose another option. If you are travelling, you can still use the book a session option (Please let us know if you won’t be able to make it so we can give the space to someone else).
To keep share our capacity we are asking you to keep your session to 2hrs in length, if you wish to stay longer please go to reception to check if this option to extend is available.
BOOKABLE SESSIONS are: Monday to Friday
11am – 1.15pm, 1.45pm – 4pm, 4.30pm – 6.45pm, 7.15pm – 9.30pm
Saturday & Sunday
10am – 12pm, 12.15pm – 2.15pm, 2.30pm – 4.30pm
Though multiple sessions are bookable please be considerate to other users and certainly only book sessions that you will attend. If you need to cancel then please do so asap so that other customers can use the space.
Sessions will be bookable up to 2 weeks ahead.
The centre is operating a CASHLESS system, Payments by CARD ONLY.
WE ARE OFFERING Family & Kids Party Sessions, Coaching, Taster, Ropes & Lead Courses.
NOT currently available are; KIDS CLUBS
We are striving to keep everyone safe.
- Please arrive for your session on time, (session times are fixed).
- There will be a queuing system with markings on the ground, you may have to queue outside so wear appropriate clothing.
- Sanitise your hands on entry
- Arrive climb ready, to avoid using the changing rooms where possible
- Have your details ready so we can sign you in promptly and contactless card for payment if required.
- Remember – you may not have climbed for some time so take it easy, don’t rush in, warm up, and enjoy yourself.
WHILST USING THE CENTRE – under level 0
- Social distancing where possible
- Always wash your hands with soap and water or the hand sanitiser provided.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wear a mask in all areas unless climbing, we encourage you to wear a mask during climbing if possible.
- Training areas – wipes are supplied please wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Take it easy, we are all keen to get back to climbing but if its your first time for a while, warm up and take it slow.
- Please be patient with staff as they are trying their best to work with the systems in place.
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO
- If you or anyone you have been in contact with has reason to believe they may have coronavirus you must not come to the centre, and must self isolate.
- If you are feeling unwell with any of the symptoms of coronavirus you must not come to the centre and should self isolate.
- Accept that by using the centre your details may be used for track and trace.
- Accept that we cannot keep the centre 100% free of coronavirus and that there is still risk.
- Respect other people and understand that they may have a different level of anxiety regarding coronavirus.
- Leave promptly at the end of a session to allow staff cleaning time.
• Are your opening times the same?
Our opening times remain unchanged.
• Do I need to wear a mask?
We ask that all customers please wear a mask when entering the building, in reception, toilets, and whilst using common areas around the centre. You do not have to wear a mask while climbing if you choose not to, however we do encourage the use of masks at all times.
• Is social distancing still in place?
Yes you will still be required to social distance in the way you have been doing so elsewhere. This includes at the entrance and throughout the centre. We have limited the numbers so that everyone feels comfortable and can socially distance as required. At busy times you may have to queue outside.
• Are you cleaning more regularly?
Yes we have a cleaning system that will cover all frequently touched surfaces.
We are closed briefly between sessions to enable cleaning plus at the end of the day 9.30pm onwards.
We ask you to take responsibility for your own cleanliness, including hand washing / sanitising, cleaning of equipment with wipes between sessions.
• What is your capacity?
Our capacity is based on the guidance from the Scottish government, Climb Scotland and the Association of British Climbing Walls. The capacity is based on 7msq per person.
Signs indicating capacity for areas of the centre will be displayed.
• How do you monitor capacity?
We have the booking system for sessions to limit our capacity through timed sessions.
• Can I still just turn up to climb at any time?
Yes but this is subject to capacity, it is best to book a session prior to arrival if you are travelling.
• Can I bring my kids or guests to climb?
Yes kids 7+yrs or adult novices can be supervised by experienced climbers.
For kids you will need to add them to your registration when asked who is climbing.
For adult novices they will have to complete a Novice Registration on the website and name their supervising adult.
• I had a child booked into kids club; when will these resume?
TBC – We do not yet have a date, we will be in contact as soon as we have this confirmed. This is likely to be summer time.
• Are there quieter times of day?
Week day evening sessions will always be busier, afternoon weekday sessions will be quieter, weekends are more spread out, due to our reduced capacity we will not be as busy as you might expect.
• Are toilets and changing rooms open as normal?
We are asking you to arrive climb ready and not to use the changing facilities if possible, though facilities are still available. Showers currently are not available.
• Can I still use chalk?
Yes, we would encourage you to use liquid chalk as it has a high alcohol content and could help towards hand sanitising between regular washing and hand gel use. This will also help cut down on dust and cleaning.
- Will the centre be well ventilated?
Where possible we will open doors to allow fresh air to circulate.
We have installed a new ventilation system in the bouldering room and this will be in operation.
• When will novices and guests be able to visit the centre?
They can from 7+yrs if supervised by a competent adult.
• When will classes / coaching starting up again?
Most Classes, Party Sessions are now available
• Can I still buy food and hot / cold drinks?
Yes, Our usual service will operate with a few exceptions.
Hot drinks will be provided in compostable cups.
We cannot fill water bottles so please bring your own or purchase a bottle on arrival.
• Lost property?
Our usual system will operate with the addition of a 72hr quarantine period.
• Can external instructors/coaches bring groups?
Yes – subject to capacity, we ask you to please contact us first if you are interested in bringing a group.
• Do you have a system in place to assist with ‘Test and Protect’?
Our database has a track and trace system and we will provide info for that purpose, if required.
By agreeing to climb / boulder you are agreeing for your details to be used for the purpose of track & trace.
If you have any unanswered question please get in contact; firstname.lastname@example.org