WE ASK ALL VISITORS TO READ THIS UPDATE REGARDING THE ADJUSTMENTS NECESSARY TO OPERATE WHILST UNDER RESTRICTIONS AND TO ASSIST IN THE SAFE RUNNING OF THE CENTRE
We hope you agree that it is a small price to pay to enable us to keep our doors open.
COVID UPDATE 24th Jan 2022
the Scottish Government have relaxed the guidance as of the 24th Jan:
Capacity limits and social distancing have been removed for all areas within the centre.
Only for instructor led sessions (as normal).
Existing measures that we have been asking customers to adhere to are still in place:
- MASKS are still obligatory whilst you are NOT climbing, Bring a mask and wear it at all times, it may be dropped whilst you are on the wall and should be raised again as soon as you touch the matting.
- Sanitise your hands on arrival and regularly during your visit.
- Do not visit if you are un-well or have been in contact with a person suspected of having Covid
• Are your opening times the same?
Our opening times remain unchanged.
• Do I need to wear a mask?
Under Scottish regulations Masks MUST be worn whilst not climbing. We ask that all customers please wear a mask when entering the building, in reception, toilets, and whilst using common areas around the centre. You do not have to wear a mask while climbing if you choose not to, however we do encourage the use of masks at all times.
• Is social distancing still in place?
There are no distancing recommendations other than ‘Give People Space’ which totally makes sense within a climbing / bouldering context as it is safer to do so and has always been part of climbing centre protocols
• Are you cleaning more regularly?
Yes we have a cleaning system that will cover all frequently touched surfaces.
We ask you to take responsibility for your own cleanliness, including hand washing / sanitising, cleaning of equipment with wipes between sessions.
We ask you to have left the centre by closing to allow staff time to clean.
• What is your capacity?
Our capacity is back to normal.
• Can I still just turn up to climb at any time?
• Can I bring my kids or guests to climb?
Yes kids 7+yrs or adult novices can be supervised by experienced climbers.
For kids you will need to add them to your registration when asked who is climbing.
For adult novices they will have to complete a Novice Registration on the website and name their supervising adult.
• I had a child booked into kids club; when will these resume?
These are now running – See the Kids Club page info.
• Are there quieter times of day?
Week day evening sessions will always be busier, afternoon weekday sessions will be quieter, weekends are more spread out, due to our reduced capacity we will not be as busy as you might expect.
• Are toilets and changing rooms open as normal?
We are asking you to arrive climb ready and not to use the changing facilities if possible, though facilities are still available.
• Can I still use chalk?
Yes, we would encourage you to use liquid chalk as it has a high alcohol content and could help towards hand sanitising between regular washing and hand gel use. This will also help cut down on dust and cleaning.
- Will the centre be well ventilated?
Where possible we will open doors to allow fresh air to circulate.
We have installed a new ventilation system in the bouldering room and this will be in operation.
• When will novices and guests be able to visit the centre?
They can from 7+yrs if supervised by a competent adult.
• When will classes / coaching starting up again?
Most Classes, Party Sessions are now available
• Can I still buy food and hot / cold drinks?
Yes, Our usual service will operate with a few exceptions.
Hot drinks will be provided in compostable cups.
• Lost property?
Our usual system will operates.
• Can external instructors/coaches bring groups?
Yes – subject to informing us of your expected arrival time, we ask you to please contact us first if you are interested in bringing a group.
• Do you have a system in place to assist with ‘Test and Protect’?
Our database has a track and trace system and we will provide info for that purpose, if required.
By agreeing to climb / boulder you are agreeing for your details to be used for the purpose of track & trace.
If you have any unanswered question please get in contact; firstname.lastname@example.org